V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
Join us for a free seminar in your community to discover more about solutions to help those with low vision regain independence. We'll focus on available assistive technologies through education and hands-on demonstration.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and use the products themselves.
Who Should Attend?
-Those with vision impairments
The 7th ACVO National Service Animal Eye Exam event will provide a free screening-wellness eye exam to Service Animals including those provide the following services: guide, hearing assistance, drug detection, police/military, search and rescue, therapy, and those assisting people with disabilities other than blindness.
Dr. Sai Namburu of Selma Urgent Care was recognized for community involvement and helping people with special needs. He and his staff go out of their way to serve patients. We salute you all for being there in our time of need. Give them a call at (334) 875-8833 or just stop in. You do not not need an appointment. The doctor is in!
If you’re ever in need of an interpreter, contact the Interpreting Program at Easter Seals Central Alabama for help.
If you’re organizing an event or meeting that might need their signing services, contact Vickie at (334)387-3262. She is with the Janice Capilouto Center for the Deaf.
For good deals on new and used CCTVs visit http://cescvision.com to place an order. If you need service on CCTV, give Mr. Sims a call.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer