V.I.P. stands for visually impaired people who are VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE. We want to provide low vision community education, assistive technology, support and mentoring.
Constance Billingsley (a Selma native), Barbara and Angela received an Outstanding Patient Care Award from V.I.P. CEO William H. Bowman. They are professionals and try to make everyone get well as soon as they can. They provide a special touch to all and treat people with kindness. Than you for all you do at your facility. Constance is an LPN and Barbara is a wound nurse.
Crowne Healthcare and Rehabilitation of Montgomery Admissions LPN Nurse Angela Johnson was recognized by V.I.P. CEO William H. Bowman for her outstanding patient care. Angela is from South Alabama and is married and the mother of two children. In her spare time she likes to read to kids. She has been a nurse for about eight years. She is kind and welcoming to all.
V.I.P. salutes the nurses and staff at Jackson Hospital in Montgomery, Alabama for going out of their way to make patients with special needs feel special and to heal quicker. It is nice to see how the staff on the 3rd floor cares about the patients and gets to know them and their needs. They make you feel like a person and not a number.
A 6 ounce battery-operated, full-color portable electronic monocular
that gives you the ability to view and magnify objects in the near distance as well as close up.
With its large field of view, use it for reading price tags, menus, mail, newspapers, street signs and viewing the beauty of nature.
For More Information or a No-Obligation Demonstration Call:
Everyone with a family history of glaucoma should be screened for the disease. This disease steals sight! V.I.P. promotes Glaucoma Awareness Month in January.
What We Offer
1) Low vision community educational programs, conferences and assistive technology demonstrations and expos
2) Support groups, mentoring and advocacy
3) Site and Structural modifications for churches, businesses, etc. for public access
4) Consultations for the visually impaired and low vision evaluations on assistive technology for the visually impaired
5) We provide information and referrals for magnification devices
6) Customer service training and workshops to better acommodate the visually impaired customer